Learn how to import customers and vendors from a CSV, Excel (97 – 2003), or vCard file. Click here to download the import template that you can use to import your customers.
Note: If you’re an Excel user, the new Excel format, with the extension xlsx is not supported. To change your excel file to the supported format you must choose “Save As …” from the file menu and select “Excel ’97-2003 Workbook”.
- Go to the Customers or Vendors section, depending on which of these you want to import
- Click the
- Enter a name for the data you want to import, based on where it came from; for example “Gmail Export”
- If your CSV/Excel file does not including headings on the first row (most do), change “Column Headings” to “Not Provided”
Choose Fileto select the file to upload
Uploadto upload the file
- After a short pause the columns in the file should appear in the Column Mappings section. Check whether each column is mapped to an appropriate field. Columns which are not mapped to a field will not be imported
- Ensure that you have columns for at least company name, or first name and last name
Saveto save your changes to the column mapping
- If you like, you may now review the contacts to be imported down below
Import Allto import all the contacts you uploaded
- You may upload the same file multiple times after importing and it will remember the column mappings
- If you are importing files from multiple sources with different formats, you can use the “New…” action in the List Name dropdown to add additional lists each with their own mappings