In this article:
An Overview of the iPhone app
The first thing you'll see when the app opens up is the Welcome page. From here you can take a look at the sample business (Acme Photo), log in to your account to access your businesses, or sign up.
Logging in (existing users)
To log in, tap on
Log In and enter in the exact same email address and password that you use to login to the web app.
Once you log in, you'll see a list of your businesses show up - and all you need to do is tap on one to see it.
To sign up, tap on
Sign Up and enter some basic name, email, and password information.
You will then be brought to a New Business page where you can enter some basic information about your company.
After that, you'll be ready to get started!
Once you're in your new business, you can always add additional information by tapping on the
Gear icon on the top of the page.
You'll be brought to the Business Settings page where you can add your business contact information (which will show up on invoices), choose your invoice template, create a 4 digit PIN passcode, create taxes, or remove your business.
The first thing you'll see when you enter a business is the Dashboard page.
Here are the main navigation elements:
- Go back to the Business Selection page (if you're logged in) or Welcome page (if you're not logged in)
- Go to the Dashboard page
- Enter Income or Expenses (by tapping the
Createicon once) or enter Transfers or Adjustments (by tapping and holding the
- Go to the Transactions page
The dashboard will show you a graph of your month-by-month profit & loss.
If you swipe up, you can also see your year to date income and the balances of your main accounts.
Entering Income and Expenses
Tapping on the
Create icon on the bottom of the page will bring you to a page where you can enter Income or Expenses.
- Income / Expense Toggle: Use to switch between entering income vs. entering expenses
- Attachment: Add an attachment
- Amount: Enter in the amount
- Date: Select the date
- Add Tax: Add taxes
- Customer / Vendor: Choose the customer or vendor
- Paid From: Choose how the income or expenses was paid for (ex: bank account or credit card) or what terms were given (ex: due on receipt or net 30)
- Income / Expense Account: Choose which income / expense account to use
Note: Items can only be used in the web app (i.e. you can't use items in the iPhone app).
- Add another: If you want to enter additional income / expense right after saving, tap this
- Save: If you want to save and then go back to the previous page, tap this
- Cancel: If you want to go back to previous page, tap this
- More: If you wat to add more details (like a bill #, Order #, description, qty, multiple line items, and a memo), tap this
When you tap on the
Attachments icon, you have three options:
- Cancel and return to the enter income / expenses page
- Choose an existing photo
- Snap a new photo
Once a photo is chosen / taken, you can then crop the photo.
Once the photo is cropped, tap on
You can add an additional image by tapping on the
+ icon, delete the photo by tapping on the
Trash icon, or go back to the enter income / expenses page by tapping on
Customer / Vendor, Paid From..., and Income / Expense Account
Choosing the Customer / Vendor, Paid From..., and Income / Expense Account all give similar options:
- Go back to the enter income / expenses page
- Add a new customer / vendor / account
- Listing of customers / vendors / accounts
From the Transactions page, you'll be able to select from four areas:
In the Banking page, you can do the following:
- Go back to the Transactions page
- Search accounts
- See the total account balance
- View all transactions and the account balance after each transaction
Search page, you can type in an account name in the
Search Box, add an account by tapping on the
+ icon, or scroll through and tap on the
Account you want to view.
Income / Expenses
From the Income or Expense transactions pages, you can:
- Go back to the Transactions page
- Use the search to only show transactions from a single customer or vendor
- See the total Accounts Receivable (money customers owe you) or Accounts Payable (money you owe vendors) balance.
- An invoice in good standing
- A paid invoice
- An outstanding invoices
Duplicating, Sharing, and Deleting Transactions
swipe left, you can:
- Duplicate a transaction
- Share an invoice or expense
- Delete a transaction
If you tap on the sharing icon for an invoice, you'll see a preview of the invoice. To share it, tap on the
You'll then have the options to share the invoice by airdrop, messaging, email, or by printing.
You can also choose a new invoice template by tapping on
The Accounts transactions page works much in the same way as the Banking,Income, and Expenses transactions pages. You can view transactions from all your accounts or use the
Search to only show transactions from a single account.