Learn how to use the income section of the iPad app.
This is the third of an 7 part series on using the Kashoo for iPad app.
The Income section can be accessed by tapping on the Income icon on the left hand side.
Overview of Income section
The income section shows all the invoices you have issued to customers.
- The left hand side displays the list of all your customers. Right now the view is selected for All Customers. You can tap on any customer on the left to see only invoices from that customer
- You can also search a customer by typing the name into the search box
- The list of invoices are found on the right hand side.
- The amount of money owing from all customers is displayed on the top right as Accounts Receivables. To see the amount owed by a specific customer, tap on that customer
- To add a new customer, you can tap on the plus icon
- If an invoice is in good standing, you will see how many days the invoice is due to be paid
- If an invoice is overdue, you will see how many days the invoice is overdue by
- If an invoice does not have any notes, it has been paid
If you want to see any details of an invoice, just tap and you will get some additional information, as well as the ability to:
- Edit the transaction
- Duplicate the transaction
- Share the transaction
Hint: Swiping to the right will close a detailed screen.
Hint 2: To cycle through the invoices, simply tap on the invoice list to the left.
Edit a Customer
To edit an existing customer
- Tap on the customer
- Tap on the info icon
Create an Invoice
To create a new invoice:
- Tap on the create icon on the top right hand side
- Tap on Invoice
You now see the quick entry window. All you need to do is:
- Type in an Amount
- Select a Date
- Select a Customer
- Add a Tax
- Select the Paid To… field to choose the payments terms: such as bank account if the customer has paid or accounts receivable if you have given the customer some time to pay
- Select an Income account. This is where you choose the account you want to use to accumulate the sales of this product or service
- You can also attach a picture by tapping on the camera icon
- To create the invoice, you simply tap on Save
- If you want to add more details to the invoice, you can tap on More
- If you want to save the invoice and immediately add another one, you can tap on Add Another
The quick entry method is great for income that you receive for which you don’t need to send out invoices for.
Hitting More will pop up the What You See is What You Get invoice view. You are able to tap on, and edit, any portion of the customer invoice. The extra options available to you in this view are:
- The ability to add a due date
- The ability to add an order #
- The ability to add a description, unit cost, and quantity to a line item
- The ability to add additional line items
- The ability to add a payment
- The ability to add a memo
One quick tip is that when you add a tax, you will have two instances of it show up.
- The first one will have a plus sign. In most scenarios, you will be selecting the plus tax. This just means that tax is being added on top of the price.
- The second one will have a minus sign. If you were selling something with the taxes included, you’d use the minus tax item and it will deduct the tax from the price to record the value of the sale correctly.
Generate an invoice number
When you create an invoice, an invoice number needs to be generated syncing the iPad. Once you’ve entered and finalized an invoice, tap the
sync icon (or swipe down on the transaction history list). A sync will be performed, an invoice number generated, and now you can send the invoice to the customer.
Sharing the invoice
You can share an invoice by:
- Tapping on the invoice
- Tapping on the
You will see a preview of the invoice. If you like what you see, tap on the
share icon again.
This will provide the options to AirDrop, Message, Mail, or Print the invoice.
When you tap on
Note: In order to print, you need AirPrint capability.
A different template
If you want a different template, select the
Choose Template option from the share icon menu:
- Swipe to see the different templates.
- Tap to select the one you like
- Tap Save to confirm your choice
Receive a payment
To receive a customer’s payment you:
- Tap on the customer’s invoice
- Tap on Edit
You will see on the bottom there is the option to:
- Add payment
- You choose a Date
- You can use the Description field if you like, for example, if the customer paid by check you can enter that information here
- You choose a Payment Account. This selects which of your accounts you will deposit the payment into
- You enter the Amount. In this case, the customer paid in full, so you type in 28.59
- And you finalize the payment by tapping on Save