Learn how to use the Expenses section of the iPad app.
This is the fourth of a 7 part series on using the Kashoo for iPad app.
Overview of Expenses section
The Expenses section can be accessed by tapping on the Expenses icon on the left hand side.
The expenses section shows all the expenses you have incurred.
- The left hand side displays the list of all your vendors. Right now the view is selected for All Vendors. You can tap on any vendor on the left to see only expenses from that vendor
- You can also search for a vendor by typing the name into the search box
- The list of expenses are found on the right hand side
- The amount of money owing from all vendors is displayed on the top right (Accounts Payable)
- To add a new vendor, you can tap on the plus icon
- If an invoice is in good standing, you will see how many days the invoice is due to be paid
- If an invoice is overdue, you will see how many days the invoice is overdue by
- If an invoice does not have any notes, it has been paid
If you want to see any details of an expense, just tap and you will get some additional information, as well as the ability to:
- Edit the transaction
- Duplicate the transaction
- Share the transaction
Hint: Swiping to the right will close a detailed screen.
Hint 2: To cycle through the expenses, simply tap on the expense list to the left.
Edit a Vendor
To edit an existing vendor
- Tap on the vendor
- Tap on the info icon
Enter an Expense
To create a new expense:
- Tap on the create icon on the top right hand side
- Tap on Expense
You now see the quick entry window. All you need to do is:
- Type in an Amount
- Select a Date
- Add a Tax
- Select a Vendor
- Select the Paid From… field, to choose how it was paid for
- Select an Expense account
- You can also add an attachment by tapping on the paperclip icon
- To create the invoice, you simply tap on Save
- If you want to add more details to the expense, you can tap on More
- If you want to save the expense and immediately add another one, you can tap on Add Another
The quick entry method is great for income that you receive for which you do not need to send out invoices for.
Hitting More will pop up the What You See is What You Get invoice view. You are able to tap on, and edit, any portion of a Vendor Bill (expense). The extra options available to you in this view are:
- The ability to add a due date
- The ability to add an order #
- The ability to add a description, unit cost, and quantity, to a line item
- The ability to add additional line items
- The ability to add a payment
- The ability to add a memo
Adding an attachment from within the App
To attach a receipt tap the paperclip icon.
You can take a photo or choose a file from your Library or other locations.
If you choose a photo, you can then crop the image and then select Done to attach the picture.
Adding an attachment from outside the App using Action Extension
With this feature you can choose to invoke Quick Entry from other apps on your phone. Here's an example: within an app, choose an image and:
- Tap the share icon
- Tap on the Add to icon
Then select the business you want to add the photo to.
Then fill out the Quick Entry form. After you save the transaction, you'll go back to whatever app you were in.
Add a payment
To pay a vendor’s bill you:
- Tap on the vendor’s bill
- Tap on Edit
You will see on the bottom there is the option to:
- Add payment
- You choose a Date
- You can use the Description field if you like
- You choose a Payment Account. This selects which of your accounts you have used to pay the vendor bill
- Enter the Amount of the payment
- And you finalize the payment by tapping on Save